Another piece I did for an assignment last semester which also goes with the pattern I just posted. I’ve been trying to feel more comfortable with photoshop without incorporating traditional media into it. I’m not giving up on painting, but I do want to find a quicker way to meet deadlines and be a little more flexible.
Alison Bechdel: Why she kicks ass
- She is a cartoonist, best known for her comic strip Dykes To Watch Out For.
- In 2006 her graphic memoir Fun Home was released which saw her become a best selling and critically acclaimed author.
- Dykes To Watch Out For is where the Bechdel Test comes from. (check here to see if a movie passes the Bechdel Test).
- In November 2006 she was invited to sit on the Usage Panel of the American Heritage Dictionary.
- She came out as lesbian in her late teens and a core message of a lot of her work is about gender and sexual identity.
Quote: "The secret subversive goal of my work is to show that women, not just lesbians, are regular human beings."
i wish more people said that being single is normal
and you’re not going to meet and marry someone
and that’s fine
and if marriage happens, it happens. and it’s not the next big ticket to check off in life’s checklist
because not everyone meets someone they want to marry. and that’s normal
you’re not broken or unfulfilled if you are single